Tuesday 28 December 2010

A year of change?

I am 39. I am 40 in November 2011. I am probably having something of a mid-life crisis. I have suffered with depression for most (all) of my adult life. My home life is stuck in a rut of disorganisation and chaos. I don't want this to continue. We are money-limited (euphemism for poor?). So, during the next 11 months, I want to try some things out.

I want to live more frugally. Eat better, with more home made things. Not waste money on fripperies. Recycle more, use left-overs, re-use paper, upcycle materials.

I want to make serious inroads into my debts. Spend my money more efficiently. Pay bills on time. Only buy the things I can afford. Borrow less.

I want to be more organised with regards to celebrations. Buy presents early. Make sure I'm not panicking a week before the event.

I want to get crafty. Make things like toys, clothes etc. Knit and crochet more. Make Christmas decorations. Build shelves, cupboards, tables.

I want to be more organised in my daily life. Do more with the kids like cooking and crafting. Model the behaviour I want to see. Do more housework, daily. Be consistent with regards to behaviour.

I want to encourage creativity and enthusiasm with the children's education.

I would be too embarrassed to state where I am at the moment, but I hope to update this blog with recipes, patterns, formulae, successes and failures. I hope you get something out of reading it.

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds very ambitious! I wish you the very best of luck, but sound a note of Flylady caution - don't try to do it all at once. Choose one thing that you want to see change in January, and concentrate on getting that sorted before you move on to the next thing. If you try to take on all that in one go, you run a very strong risk of crashing out at the first hurdle. Slowly, slowly, catchee monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to do it all is a major thing for me, I always do it, and always crash! Actually, I should write about that...!

    ReplyDelete